I just came across this and I’m excited to participate! This year, the challenge is hosted by Baffled Books (The Adventures of 2.0). You can go to the Baffled Books site to sign up and see links to other reviews that participants post. I love this kind of literature, so I’m sure I will greatly enjoy this challenge. I came across this info over at Books Without Any Pictures. Thanks for the heads up and I hope to have some people join me on this one! If you’ve never read any of these types of books, I think you should try some out. If you do, I’d love to hear about it. The thought-provoking nature of this literature makes it all worthwhile.
The Speculative Fiction Challenge is a goal to read (and review) a certain amount of books that fit into the speculative fiction category:
- Science Fiction: hard/soft SF, cyberpunk, time travel, alternative history, space opera
- Fantasy Fiction: dark fantasy, urban fantasy, magic realism, quest, mythical fantasy, steampunk
- Horror Fiction: paranormal, gothic literature, splatterpunk
- Supernatural Fiction
- Superhero Fiction
- Utopian and Dystopian Fiction
- Apocalyptic and Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
There are different levels of participation, including:
- Nosey: 3 novels
- Excited: 6 novels
- Content: 12 novels
- In Nirvana: 24 novels
- Obsessed: 48 novels
Since this is right up my alley, I’m going for Obsessed! Look for reviews in the upcoming months!